Caregiving can be very rewarding. It can also become very exhausting and even distressing. The National Caregiving Foundation is concerned about the problems, the worries, and the sadness that you face everyday as a caregiver.
NCF offers these helpful suggestions for Caregivers. We encourage you to pass them along.
1. Let other family members and friends know that you cannot do it without their help.
2. Make sure you get regular breaks to restore your energy.
3. Try to keep pleasures in your life whether pursuing your hobbies or taking time out with friends.
4. Be aware of warning signs for caregiver burnout: anxiety, social withdrawal, depression, exhaustion and irritability.
5. Whenever possible reach out to fellow caregivers for support and to offer support.